Sunday, June 03, 2007

McCarren Park Pool Party


JellyNYC is once again holding their summer Pool Parties at McCarren Park this year. The park apparently has a rich and interesting history that I'm not going to go into here but can be found at their Wiki entry here. I was not able to attend any of the free indie rock shows that happened last year at the pool due to my commitment as a Sunday worship team member for my church but I'll be able to go this year so if you're going, expect to see me grinning from ear to ear at the shows I decide to attend. In fact until JellyNYC finalizes their lineups, I'll be at the June 24th and August 12th shows for sure. There will be 2 bands that I've seen perform at the Sirenfest before and one that I completely missed most likely because I didn't know how good they were. I'll leave you with a few MP3's from the bands I'm excited to see and a video of Mew performing last year at the pool, most likely not free, but they're really good so suspend disbelief for about 4 minutes.


Mp3: Superchunk - Act Surprised
Mp3: Superchunk - Hello Hawk
Mp3: The Thermals - No Culture Icons
Mp3: The Thermals - Pillar Of Salt
Mp3: Ted Leo and The Pharmacists - Where have all the rude boys gone?
Mp3: Ted Leo and The Pharmacists - Me and Mia

For more information go to www.Thepoolparties.com

No comments: