Thursday, May 31, 2007

Siren Fest 2007

July 21st at Coney Island

I've been attending the Siren Fest at Coney Island now since the very first one. This year will be be the seventh annual Siren Fest and you bet your bippy that I'll be there. There have been years where I been right up front, way in the back, kind of in the middle and the glorious year where I was in the press pit doing something for the radio show I was hosting back then. There was even one year where I was there but I practically avoided it. Turns out that a buddy of mine and myself were filming video for a public access show that we always talked about but never got off the ground. Oh the fun bits we had. So anyway this has been something that I've looked forward to every summer. The sun beating down on my fair skin, the lack of money in my pocket to even splurge on a $1.00 bottle of water (When I'm broke, I'm really broke) oh and the absolutely beautiful indie rock girls that I could never have the never to speak to. All in all, a great yearly experience. There are a maximum of maybe 3 bands I really want to see but it doesn't matter, the free swag and ogling at those indie rock girls I just mentioned more than make up for it. Oh right and it's free...so what do I have to lose? So here's the lineup as of this writing.
NEW YORK DOLLS
WE ARE SCIENTISTS
MATT AND KIM
THE BLACK LIPS
DR. DOG
NOISETTES
LAVENDER DIAMOND
THE DETROIT COBRAS
ELVIS PERKINS
THE TWILIGHT SAD


Here's a video from last year of what to expect



I'll be sure to write something on it as soon as I get back but I've got about a month of preparation for that. So here's one of the bands that is playing this year and a band that I wish were performing.

MP3:
Matt and Kim - Yeah Yeah
MP3: Voxtrot - The Start Of Something

For additional info about Sirenfest, go here

No comments: